5 Awesome hidden tricks for your Android smartphone
To find out more on hidden tips and tricks for your Android smartphone/tablet device, read this below list.
1. Shortcut to disable notifications
Too many notifications will popup when you enable the mobile data. To disable that follow the below steps,
- Drop down the notification bar
- Tap and hold on a notification this will show you a Setting
- Tap on the icon to open up the Notification settings of that particular app then turn off completely.
2. High contrast text
Reading text on a smartphone screen can be bit difficult for people with low vision. To resolve this follow the below steps,
- Enable high contrast text from Settings -> Accessibility.
- Once enabled, you can see the text appear smooth and easy to read.
3. Smart lock
For security reasons, everyone will set up a screen lock on their smartphone. But it will be irritating when entering each time. With the smart lock function, you can have the phone unlocked when its safe with you in your home.
- Go to security > Smart Lock
- Add your home location to trusted places. You can also add a Bluetooth device as a trusted device.
- Once done, your phone will not ask for password. It automatically detects that you are at home or you are connected to one of the trusted devices.
4. Find a silent phone
If your phone ringer is disabled and you misplaced the phone? Since its is silent, even calling it from another number might not help. The simple way to find out is,
- Open any browser (IE, Chrome)
- Type the URL www.google.com/android/devicemanager and login with the same Google ID as the phone.
- Here, you can see the location of your phone and you can send a signal to ring loudly, even the ringer off.
5. Stop automatic shortcuts
Each time when you install an app from the Play Store, a shortcut icon is placed on the home screen. If you don’t want that to happen,
- Open Play Store, tap on the three bars on the top left corner and click on Settings.
- - Here, you can see then option “Add Icon to Home Screen”. You can simply uncheck it to disable this property from placing icons in home screen.